Monday, February 1, 2010

Begin with the end in mind


For all who remember Stephen Covey's 7 habits of highly effective people....one of the habits was to "begin with the end in mind". This picture helps me to envision what will arise off of the strongback in the coming year. The exact design of the deck still needs to be figured out but there are limitless possibilities. These completed "Spring Runs" motivate me of what can me.
I must say that part of my motivation to build came from my son Ben who has completed 2 boats, the most recent a 19 ft. stich & glue excursion canoe. We are going to paddle this in March in the Watertribe ultra marathon in Tampa. However since I built a canoe when I was 13, over 44 years ago, I'm wondering if its either in the blood or I motivated him. That was a 16 ft. Trailcraft canoe kit that we used for over 30 years. Either way we both enjoy projects, the water and the beauty of being in God's creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment