Monday, September 20, 2010

Watertribe North Carolina Challenge

Yes, I think we are ready to paddle. Tent, sleeping bag, air matress, paddling clothes, camp clothes, bad weather clothes, cooking stuff, safety stuff - flares, radio, gps, SPOT, cell phone, spare paddle, etc. And of course a fishing pole & some lures.Today I tried to see if it all fit and it did so I think we're ready to go. David Lyle and I will leave Paterson on Wednesday morning, stay Wednesday night at the home of one of our former deacons, Charles Gaston in Greenville NC. Thursday morning we will go out to Cedar Island in preparation for the inspection in the afternoon and captains meeting at 6:00 p.m. We will be camping overnight at the Driftwood Campground right at the start and begin at 7:30 a.m. Friday morning. There is a detail schedule and narrative of the race on the Watertribe website. Below is a copy of the map that shows the course of the race. You can track me in two ways. You can go directly to the SPOT tracking site (just click on SPOT). Here I will be called Macatawa, which is Ben's paddling name, since I'm using his SPOT - but its really me. Or you can go to the Watertribe Map site - click HERE.
At this site you will see all of the paddlers. My name is PassaicPaddler. If you want to just see just me click on that name in the 3rd box and hit "regenerate view". David Lyle is Summit Paddler.
For all of those who are supporting me to help raise money to purchase kayaks,vests, paddles and a trailer for our Christian Cadet Club, I'm happy to report that I have surpassed my goal with pledges of $55.00 per mile. This will be enough to also purchase new camping and fishing equipement for our new cadet group. Thanks so much to all who made a pledge. Please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment