Monday, June 14, 2010

Setting the Deck Sheer Strips

Here are the first two strips mitered and attached to the stems. Masking tape worked real well to hold it all in place. I installed a thin strip of black walnut to carry the wood of the stems up to the deck and then transfer to the Alaskan White Cedar. We'll see how it all works out. For now I was pleased with the results of this beginning on the deck.
I'm planning to do the deck withouth staples to eliminate the holes, expecially in the beautiful Alaskian White Cedar that will be the centerpiece of the deck. I attached the sheer stip with one small brad and masking tape. I'm using two techniques so far for the next strips. First I'm using a small piece of strip that I staple above the strip to be attached and then clamp the whole thing together. Needed to make a run to Home Depot for more clamps. The other technique is below with using another piece of wood screwed to the station to hold the glued strip down. Both are working well so far supplemented by masking tape.




Today was my "sabbath day" so I figured it was a good day to work on my "sabbath" project. After getting the hull glasses and turned over I'm remotivated to continue to work. Even though its spring and the blues are running in the ocean and the trout in the river I was happy to spend a few hours in the basement. With Kebmo & Bruce Springsteen on the CD player it was a great afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment