Sunday, April 15, 2012

Out of the Basement

Wednesday we pulled the canoe out of the basement for the Paterson Habitat for Humanity Annual Dinner. I had been planning to take it out through the window only to find out that behind the jam I was going to cut out only to find out that the concrete came out another inch on each side behind the trim. So our Habitat construction foreman Don help me pull out the back steps and we took it out the back door. Now I can pull the back steps out in a few minutes and replace them with just a few screws. So the next canoe can be wider ! Great

Here I am in the backyard. It was great to see it in daylight except I saw every little mistake and flaw in the final varnish coats. I'm going to do one more final-final coat soon.
The folks at the Brownstone didn't know quite what to think when we carried in the canoe but we got it upstairs quick before anyone could protest to much. Folks enjoyed looking at it and there will be some kind of online bidding process.
The sign says..."Buy a Boat - Build a House" so make an offer we can't refuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment