Monday, March 22, 2010

Back to Building

After our Watertribe race I'm just getting back to building. Actually consdiering the North Carolina 100 mile challenge in September. Thought I might do it as a "Paddling for Planting" fundraiser for our NYC church plants. We'll see. I have completed the strips on the one side and cut the centerline. It went quite well. I actually used my electric saber saw to make the initial cut and trimmed the edges with sandpaper and a razor knife. Now I will need to miter the ends of each piece as I install them on the opposite side.
I've also been shaping the ends of the inside stems and preparing them for the outside stems. I used the tablesaw to cut off some of the excess of the outside stems and put a bit of an angle on them as you can see. I chose walnut for the outside stems and coming. Should make a nice contrast color to the rest of the wood. Its been fun watching the hull take shape.





No comments:

Post a Comment